sponsored ads

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Me, My baby & Baby's Day Out Contest - Priyanka Gupta (Mother of Amaira Gupta)

Amaira Gupta
Participant of Baby's Day Out Feb 2013 Kids Contest
BDO-ACFB-FEB13-A138


It was a simple pregnancy test that changed my life forever. I shared the happy news with my family and the directions followed. What to eat and What not to eat, what to do and what not to do ...there was an endless lists of advices that kept pouring in. Your stomach is bulging out, it will be a boy, You have a glow on your face, it will be a girl, people's predictions came for free. I have always been a cricket freak and it was during the worldcup when my labour days were to come. I hoped it delayed and like god always listened to me. Every match I got to watch I thought it was a gift from god. Then came the finals between India and Srilanka. I started feeling uneasy since morning. God cant be so unkind to make me miss the final was my first thought. But kind enough, I could drag myself to see India win. The moment India won, we left for the hospital. The very next day, my angel was born. This was like the second innings of our life. The worldcup looked smaller than my trophy. My husband and I felt a deep connect when we both held her in our arms. My daughter was always full with energy. It was a pleasure watching her everytime. Everytime she did something for the first time, we were all thrilled. Look she is pushing her back, look she can turn around...oh it was always so mersmerizing. Time runs really quckly and there came a time when she was about to turn one. Her first birthday planning was just the most exciting thing to do. We put together a small get together and had got a lovely cake for her. She completely enjoyed her day, infact she thrilled the audience by putting on her dancing shoes. Now its time again to plan for her second birthday. It should be as nice as her first one. This time around when I was searching for different ideas, I popped into kids photography contest by Ananvay Pathak. I thought there is no harm in participating. Once I did, it was good fun to be part of the rat race. I felt like a politician asking for votes. But then its always fun to do anything for your child. The baby's day out contest is full with different ideas. What makes it different from the other contest is these different themes. Like asking parents to write blogs, or suggesting answers to some parent's queries, all these are interesting ways to communicate. My best wishes are there for the contest. No matter my girl wins the contest or not, she is always a winner to me and that is what that matters to me. Good luck to all the kids out there....


Priyanka Gupta (Mother of Amaira Gupta)


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are playing Antakshri today, Please Mention Participation code of your fav entry